Last updated: 4 Apr, 2016
This article aims at providing instruction to apply for Work Holiday Visa Pass (Visa with the maximum duration of 6 months) in Singapore. All these information are published officially on Ministry of Manpower, Singapore.
You can apply for a Work Holiday Pass by submitting the required documents through email. It takes around 3 weeks to process an application.
At a glance
|Who can apply||You can apply for the Work Holiday Programme if you meet these requirements:
Note: The Work Holiday Programme has a capacity of 2,000 applicants at any one time.
|How much it costs||When the pass is issued:
· $150 for each pass
· $30 for each Multiple Journey visa (if applicable)
|How long it takes||Around 3 weeks|
|Related eServices||· EP Online – get the pass issued|
These are the steps for applying:
|Step||Who does this||Result|
|Submit an application||Candidate||In-principle approval letter or rejection letter|
|Get the pass issued||Appointed employment agenct or candidate||Notification letter|
|Register fingerprints and photo (if required)||Candidate||Acknowledgment of card delivery|
|Receive the Work Holiday Pass card||Authorised recipients or candidate||Work Holiday Pass card|
- If you have held a Work Holiday Pass before, you can only reapply for another Work Holiday Pass after 12 months from the day you last held the pass.
- If you are planning to submit your application early, make sure it is not more than 3 months from your intended travel date.
Submit an application
Processing time: Around 3 weeks
To submit an application for a Work Holiday Pass:
- Complete the Work Holiday Pass application form.
- Email the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the email subject: “Application for WHP”.
- Attach soft copies of the following required documents to your email:
- A letter from the university stating your matriculation, name, nationality, gender and date of birth.
- A copy of the personal particulars page of your passport.
- (For graduates) A copy of the degree certificate or transcripts.
- (For undergraduates) A copy of the student card issued by the university.
- (For international students at the university) A copy of your student visa.
- If the documents from your university are not in English, submit a copy of the original document and an official English translation certified by the university.
- Documents must be in PDF or JPEG format.
- Total file size of all the documents must be under 1.5MB.
It takes around 3 weeks to process the application. If your application is approved, you will get an in-principle approval (IPA) letter by email.
The Work Holiday Pass is valid for 6 months. You must get the pass issued within 3 months of the date of the IPA letter.
Get the pass issued
When: Within 3 months of in-principle approval
You or your appointed employment agent can ask for the pass to be issued. You need to be in Singapore when the request is made.
There are two ways to get the pass issued:
- Using EP Online (use this if you have an employment agent or if you have a SingPass)
- Over the counter
Using EP Online
You (if you have SingPass) or your employment agent can apply to have the pass issued using EP Online. To get the pass issued:
- Log in to EP Online to make the request and submit the supporting documents (see Documents required for issuing the pass).
- Pay the fees using GIRO, or eNETS credit or debit:
- $150 for each pass (only pay when the pass is issued)
- (If applicable) $30 for each Multiple Journey Visa
- When the pass is issued, print the notification letter.
The notification letter:
- Allows you to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the pass card.
- States if you need to register to have your fingerprints and photo taken.
Over the counter
If you are the candidate and you don’t have SingPass, you can have your Work Holiday Pass issued over the counter at the Employment Pass Services Centre.
You must make an appointment for the pass to be issued.
Bring these documents for your visit:
- Completed Card Delivery Form.
- Supporting documents (see Documents required for issuing the pass).
Documents required for issuing the pass
You will need the following for the pass to be issued:
- Candidate’s passport details.
- Details of the candidate’s current Short Term Visit Pass or immigration pass.
- Candidate’s residential address in Singapore.
- A local address where we can deliver the card.
- Contact details of at least one authorised recipient to receive an SMS or email alert with delivery details.
You may also need copies of these documents:
- Disembarkation/Embarkation card (IMM27).
- Completed declaration form attached with the candidate’s in-principle approval letter.
- Return ticket to show that the candidate will leave Singapore by end of the 6-month validity.
Register fingerprints and photo
When: Within 2 weeks after pass is issued (if required)
Check the notification letter for whether you need to register your fingerprints and photo. First-time candidates or those whose last registration was more than 5 years ago will need to register.
Bring along these documents for the appointment:
- Appointment letter.
- Notification letter.
- Documents listed in the IPA letter and notification letter.
Receive the Work Holiday Pass card
When: 4 working days after registration or document verification
We will deliver the card to the given address 4 working days after you register and get your documents verified at EPSC.
If you don’t need to register, we will deliver the card 4 working days after checking your documents.
The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 day before the delivery.
If card delivery fails
After two unsuccessful deliveries, you’ll have to collect the card at EPSC.
You or an authorised person can collect it 3 working days after the second attempted delivery. You don’t need an appointment.
Bring along these documents for the visit:
- Candidate’s original passport.
- Notification letter.
(If an authorized person is collecting) the completed Authorisation Form for Card Collection at EPSC